The multiple browser method is a useful method to be instantly approved for multiple credit card applications at one time. The reason is because when you apply for multiple credit cards at the same time, the other bank or credit bureau might only see you are applying for just one credit card. Applying for three cards on three different days could impact your score 6-9 points, while applying on one day could only be a 2-3 hit. How do you apply for multiple credit cards on one day?
Use multiple browsers, one for each credit card application. Only apply for 1 credit card from each provider(Chase, AMEX, Barclays)
at a time unless it is Citi. Citi lets you apply for 2 citi cards at one time, see my experience below. Citi does not allow you to apply for 2 cards at the same time anymore. You can also apply for one Chase personal and one Chase business card. Other than Chase, I don’t recommend apply for business and personal credit cards at the same time. It is also best to sign up on Monday-Thursday because the reconsideration line is only open Monday through Friday. I usually call the reconsideration line right away if I don’t get instant approval. Here is my method:
1. Open up Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome all in private mode. I use private mode and different browsers to ensure the credit bureaus don’t see my other inquiries. This heightens the chance of being automatically approved for multiple cards because it looks like you are applying for just one card.
2. Fill out each application simultaneously and try to submit all of them at the same time.
3. If you don’t get instant approval, call the reconsideration line right away. Tell them you really want the card and mention the perks you are interested in. Also be proactive and let them know if you can move credit from another card to open the new one. A list of phone numbers can be found here.
My experience doing the multiple browser method to apply for multiple credit cards at the same time:
- I applied for four cards at one time. Chase United Explorer, Chase Ink Plus, and 2 Hilton Citi credit cards.
- Since I already had many credit cards, I did not get instant approvals on any card. Your experience may vary.
- I called the reconsideration lines for all four cards. You can see my Chase experience here.
- Both my Chase cards were approved right away. I had to verify my address for the Citi Hilton cards. I explained I needed to separate business expenses and personal expenses for the 2 Hilton cards. I actually had to wait about 2 days because I just moved and had to verify my address.
- My credit score dropped 2 points at the time. See the history of my score here.