If you want to maximize on Hyatt Diamond status, you should start your Hyatt Diamond challenge on June 1. Why?
Hyatt determines how long your Hyatt Diamond status will last depending on when you start your challenge. If you start and complete your Hyatt Diamond challenge after June 1, 2013, your Diamond status will last until February 2015. However, if you start before June 1, 2013, it will only last until February 2014.
According to Hyatt, and confirmed via email on Flyertalk,
“Per your request, this specific Diamond Trial Offer that lasts until February 2014 will end on May 31, 2013.
The new Diamond Trial Offer which lasts until 2015 will begin in June 1,
2013. If you wish to utilize the later offer, please contact us on June
1, 2013 or later.
Tips to Start Your Hyatt Diamond Challenge on June 1
- Obtain Hilton Gold Status via “Free Hilton Gold” trick(here is a good article) or Hilton Reserve Citicard.
- Calculate if the Hyatt Diamond status is worth chasing.
- Plan 12 paid nights in 60 days. For a business traveler, the Hyatt Diamond Challenge is awesome. However, if you are a leisure traveler, plan your travel around discounted hotel rates. Another option is to use the Barclaycard Arrival card to pay for the hotel, and use Barclay points to receive a statement credit. You will still get all the benefits and qualify for a paid rate.
- Apply for Hyatt Credit Card after activating challenge to receive two free suite nights.
- Plan for aspirational properties such as Hyatt Paris Vendome, Park Hyatt Tokyo, etc to maximize your Hyatt Diamond perks. The Hyatt Diamond perks are far better than domestic Hyatt properties. We enjoyed our free $75 buffet breakfast in Paris very much.
- Consider doing a mattress run or two at properties with closed Regency club for 2,500 bonus points.
- Apply for Hyatt’s latest promotions.
- Read my previous posts on Hyatt Diamond Status below:
Good luck if you are deciding to start your Hyatt Diamond Challenge on June 1. You don’t have to exactly start on June 1, but do what works according to your travel plans. Note that it takes 2-3 days for the Hyatt Diamond status to process. I would try activating it on June 1 just to be safe though.Help support the site and sign up for the best credit card deals at the Credit Card Deals page.Thanks for your support!