There is no doubt that Chase is the leading provider in rewards credit cards. They consistently have the best rewards credit cards and best credit card sign up bonuses. Many people already have a Chase credit card and even people who don’t collect points and miles have the Chase Freedom credit card, probably the best overall no fee credit card. However, most of my readers and I have multiple Chase credit cards. Here are my strategies to obtain multiple Chase credit cards.
I have 6 personal Chase credit cards and 2 business Chase credit cards. Here are the Chase cards I actively hold.
- Chase Freedom
- Chase Sapphire
- Chase Marriott Visa
- Chase Hyatt Visa
- Chase Priority Club Visa
- Chase United Explorer
- Chase Ink Bold
- Chase Ink Plus
First, make sure you are well organized, have good credit, and pay in full and on time before attempting this.
Chase extends a certain credit limit to each person depending on your credit score and credit worthiness. From my experience, that amount varies from person to person. Here are some strategies that I’ve learned over time to obtain multiple Chase credit cards
1. Establish a long relationship with Chase. It’s good to hold the Chase Freedom card for a long time because of the no annual fee. By having a long relationship with Chase, you can show your ability to pay your bills on time and in full.
2. Sign up for a personal checking account or even a business checking account. Establishing a personal checking account can help build your relationship with Chase.
3. Consider a mortgage loan with Chase. Same as #1 and #2.
4. Call the reconsideration line. There comes a point where you stop being automatically approved for Chase credit cards. When that happens, you must call and ask them to move credit line from one card to another credit card.
5. Don’t close Chase credit cards, trade them for a new Chase credit card. This strategy is very effective because when you close a Chase credit card, you are eliminating any credit line Chase has extended to you. By applying for a new Chase credit card, you can offer to close an old account to open a new account. I used this strategy to close my Chase Southwest Card and opened up a Chase Hyatt credit card.
Those are my strategies to obtain multiple Chase credit cards. Chase is my number one source of flying and staying in nice hotels for free. I’m some of you know already, but availability to Taipei and other parts of Southeast Asia have opened up on EVA air. You can fly LAX-TPE-XXX for 60,000 miles and $2.50. Availability is great for right now, but will be booked up soon!