Earn 50,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Preferred®. Apply here before 3/5/2016.
American Express is really impressive lately with all the AMEX offers lately. If you don’t know about AMEX offers, all you have to do is log into your AMEX online account and go under the “Offers For You” tab to see all the promotions going on. You then have an option to add offers to your AMEX card. Some of these offers are not that great, while some retailers are offering big discounts. One trick is to buy gift cards at these retailers for the exact amount to earn the statement credit. You could possibly sell these gift cards at a profit, which makes a situation of possible gift card churning with AMEX offers.
Right now there is a deal at Neiman Marcus for $50 off a purchase of $200. The trick is to buy a $200 Neiman Marcus gift card and sell back online. Unfortunately, you will have to pay $10 in delivery charge online. Here are the basic steps:
- Load the $50 off $200 purchase at Neiman Marcus on your account.
- Buy a physical or e-gc $200 Neiman Marcus gift card online.
- Sell $200 Neiman Marcus gift card on Cardpool for 85% value.
- Click through TopCashBack to get an extra 4% cashback before entering Cardpool.
- Earn at least $10 (without Topcashback) and credit card spend. You will get $170 for physical gc on Cardpool or $160 for electronic. However the physical gc has a $10 delivery fee. Both methods turn out to be the same.
The above method may take some work, but if you are already at the mall for some reason it might not be too much effort to pick up one of these gift cards and sell it on Cardpool. From my experience (despite some minor setbacks), Cardpool is reputable and pays you in a reasonable amount of time.
You can repeat this on all your AMEX cards by using some methods about adding offers to multiple AMEX cards talked about in FrequentMiler’s post here. Happy gift card churning all!