I recently tried buying an Ebay gift card at Gyft.com using my Chase Ink Bold card and paying with Paypal. I read on a few forums that it is possible to earn 5X when paying with Paypal on Gyft. Nobody knows why Gyft counts as a 5X utility, but I can confirm it works. It’s possible to earn 5X points of everything at Ebay with Gyft. You must use Paypal.
I wasn’t sure if this was possible to earn 5X on Ebay gift cards when purchasing on Gyft, but here it is:
I’ve only bought a $100 Ebay gift card, but I’m sure you can buy other gift cards as well. Ebay is great because you can then buy discounted gift cards through Ebay like $200 Hyatt for $175 (expired now) or other great deals.
Bonus: If you act fast you can get a $50 eBay gift card for $45 until June 19th. Here are the details from Slickdeals:
The correct way to get 5 off 50:
1. Log into the normal www.gyft.com (Not apptest.Gyft.com)
2. After you login, you will be redirect to app.Gyft.com. You won’t be able to find $50 cards here. (It goes from 45 to 100)
3. Type www.gyft.com in your browser. Then click “Buy Gift Cards” button on the top.
4. In the search box, type “eBay”, and you will be able to add a $50 card to cart.
5. Check out using promo code “EBAYDAD”
6. Repeat step 3-5, this time check out with promo code “DAD2015”.
Will you be buying Ebay gift cards and earning 5X?