The last chance to get the Chase Sapphire Reserve 100K bonus will be January 11, 2017. Since it is now 2017, it is a great time to get the $300 travel credit for 2017 and 2018. The Chase Sapphire Reserve is the best credit card right now if you plan on booking a big trip this year.
As I mentioned before, here are all the perks of the Chase Sapphire Reserve:
- 100,000 points after $4K spend
- $450 Annual Fee
- $300 in annual travel credits automatically applied to account for travel purchases charged to card
- Points worth 1.5 cents each when used to purchase travel
- Earn 3X points per dollar for travel and dining; 1X elsewhere
- Airport Lounge Access via Priority Pass Select
- Primary car rental collision damage waiver
- Rental car privileges and discounts
- Global Entry or TSA Pre Fee Credit (worth $100)
- No foreign transaction fee
- Points transferable 1 to 1 to selected airline and hotel programs
- Authorized User Fee: $75 per year
- Issued as Visa Infinite
The general strategy and simple strategy is to book a big trip in 2017 and apply 100K points towards $1,500 worth of flights and hotels. I would use the $300 credit towards hotels or car rentals. Basically you can get $2,100 off your trip for only $450.
Important note is that you can only have applied for 5 cards in 24 months from any issuer. In other words if you have applied for 4 credit cards from AMEX, Chase, Citi, etc, in 24 months then you most likely qualify for this credit card. Unfortunately for myself, I have applied for 10+ credit cards in the last 24 months so I can’t get this credit card.
Nobody knows if this credit card deal will come back after January 11th. Will you be applying for the Chase Sapphire Reserve and receive $2,200 worth of travel perks?